The services offered by local clubs include:
- A friendly contact person to answer questions about what the club does and other services in your area
- A Buddy System so you have someone to turn to for help, advice, advocacy, support or just a friendly chat
- Playgroups or coffee mornings
- Websites and/or a Facebook page, and a local club newsletter
- New Parent Packs—information for parents and a range of samples
- Your free box of Huggies nappies
- A range of hire equipment for multiples
- A club library, stocked with books about pregnancy, birth and raising multiples—including the range of information booklets published by the Multiples NZ.
Larger urban clubs, such as those in Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington, can offer an even greater range of services:
- Regular social activities
Multiple-specific antenatal education
- Parent education, e.g. New Parent Evening, parenting topics, first aid courses
- A hospital visiting team, so that brand-new parents meet a club member for support and a first contact for finding out further information—if they want
- A huge range of social events for mums, dads and families, aimed at preventing isolation, and promoting networking, support and friendship between members… and having fun!
- Bereavement support
- Meals for new families, and in some clubs, a grocery hamper
- Free, or very cheap, second-hand baby/children’s clothing.